4 STEPS TO TROUBLESHOOT YOUR BEACON
It’s that easy.
There is a learning-curve to any new technology and it could be a simple problem.
Hopefully these tips will help you discover the issue.
1. Make sure your beacon is connected to your beacon dashboard.
- The UUID and major/minor should match on the beacon and on your dashboard.
- These can be long numbers and it’s not hard to be one digit or letter off.
2. Your campaign needs to be set up properly in your online dashboard.
- Your beacon dashboard should have good docs to ensure you get this right.
- It’s better to test a simple campaign first, with just the beacon assigned to a simple messaging campaign.
3. Your beacon should be emitting.
- You can usually see this in your manufacturer’s dashboard.
- Or you can test this out with an app like Locate from Radius network (available on Android and iOS).
4. Your phone should be ready to receive the beacon notification.
- It should have an app with a beacon SDK installed, with permissions.
- Bluetooth should be enabled.
- You should have an internet connection (preferably 4G over WiFi).
- ‘Sharing Connection’ should be disabled.
- Location services should be enabled.
That’s all there is to it. If you would like a more in-depth tutorial, we offer free consultations. Sign up at noteacons.com/free-consultation.